By now everyone has heard the news of George Perez and Humberto Ramos no longer doing conventions in Trump states. Below is a little more about what’s going on.
Comic greats George Perez and Humberto Ramos is going all out by boycotting comic book conventions in all pro-Trump states. There had been a lot of those in the comic book industry that did express their feelings via social media when the United States declared Trump as President-elect and it appears that Perez and Ramos had become a part of the divisiveness.
An update on George Perez’s site was made, informing the public of the decision. He will still honor his appearances in 2017, but come 2018 he gave a listing of states where he’ll not be making appearances.
— Kitty G (@Flkittie) November 11, 2016
As illustrated in the above picture, that is almost half the amount of states that exist in the United States, so this would mean a ton of comic book fans will be missing them. That’s a ton of red.
The Huffington Post posted an article entitled, “9 Outrageous Things Donald Trump Has Said About Latinos” and this was pretty much what triggered Perez to take action against those who voted for Donald J. Trump.
Humberto Ramos declared on his Facebook page that he won’t be attending the pro-Trump conventions for the next four years which is the full term of the presidency.
“So I want to communicate that four at least the next 4 years I decide NOT to attend to any conventions that take place in the red states, those states who voted for Mr. Trump, those states where I am clearly not welcome. For the fans. I ask your understanding and support. Hey, we can meet in many shows across your beautiful country but please understand I can’t go to a house I’m not being invited, the vote clearly says that.”
Perez only has mentioned 2018, but no word beyond that time frame. An updated list of 2017 conventions are available on his site.